bitty.and.bunny: Put A Bird On It

Friday, May 23, 2014

Put A Bird On It

top: c/o dxmall (20% off w/ code DXMALLFAN)
shorts: exact
necklace: c/o dxmall
shoes: similar | cute option
hat: ON | crazy similar


________________________


I've said it before, and I'll say it again.  Life is just better when you put a bird on it.  And this blouse is no exception.  For a good, long while the extent of my obsession with birds was limited to swallows, sparrows, and other songbirds.  I'm only partially ashamed to admit that not too long ago, I constantly put birds on things, but limited it to sparrows, swallows, and similarly small, adorable ones (if only you could see my bird-adorned hoodie, the plush birds nestled in my house plants, the Christmas ornaments I sewed, various necklaces featuring our feathered friends, and oh yeah, the handmade mobile hanging by my bed).  But then I received this flamingo print top* from my lovely sponsor, dxmall, and I am now proud to say I welcome birds of all types to adorn my attire.  I mean, what a waste of time thinking flamingos (used for decorative purposes of course) were simply neon pink, plastic kitsch accompanied almost exclusively by astroturf.  Thanks to the truly beautiful print on this top, I now see that they can be pretty, understated, sophisticated even.  I can only imagine what will come next.  Seabirds?  Arctic birds?  Tropical birds?  The possibilities are wide open!


*a note about the top: contrary to the blazer I received from dxmall, this top seems to run large.  I'm wearing a size medium, but probably could have done with a small.


Linking here today.


No comments:

Post a Comment

don't be shy...i love reading your comments! xo

Pin It button on image hover