bitty.and.bunny: Jailbird Polka

Friday, October 21, 2011

Jailbird Polka

{sweater: old navy  //  jeans: limited  //  boots: steve madden intyce  //  necklace: gifted  //  earrings & left hand bracelet: handmade  //  right hand bracelets: target, handmade, 5below}

So, I happened to be wearing this striped sweater at a bar that happened to have this striped mugshot backdrop just for taking photos.  What are the chances?  (Well, ok maybe higher than average considering that I can't stop wearing stripes).  I guess if I'm that committed to stripes, I'll have to accept that I might get caught looking like a 1940s prisoner at one point or another.
Since it was already dark outside and the lighting was decent in here, hunny bunny & I decided to steal away from our friends for a bit to snap some photos.  

..and because the beer garden we were at had a live polka band in honor of Oktoberfest....
...my hunny bunny was able to capture me busting out my best "polka-when-i-thought-he-wasn't-shooting" move.  Honestly, I never even knew I wanted to dance to polka.  But apparently a roaming oompa band complete with accordion and tuba players just brings out the German in me.  Or maybe it was the three beers I had already had.  Yeah...could have been those.

PS. - for those of you still stumped from yesterday's quote, it was The Mad Hatter from Disney's Alice in Wonderland. (If you want to get right to the quote, fast forward to minute 7:15).  I guess it's sort of an obscure line, but my sister and I watched that movie repeatedly as kids and just latched onto the quote (as well as about 8,634 others).
A very merry unbirthday to you!

3 comments:

  1. Really like your sweater and boots, and the backdrop is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like these pictures! Your necklace is very pretty :) ohhhhhh so that's where the quote came from... unfortunately, I've only read the book, but didn't watch the movie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stripes are one of my fav patterns....love yours with the boots...thanks for stopping by my blog the other day, super sweet of you:)


    Statements in Fashion: A Funky Little Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete

don't be shy...i love reading your comments! xo

Pin It button on image hover